Alexis is the new host of the Mary’s Touch Radio Program. She will lead the new evangelization of the award-winning, inspirational radio program designed to bring a greater understanding of Mary, to remind everyone of the Blessed Mothers loving presence in the lives of humanity, and to help people everywhere recognize the healing grace she still brings to this world.
“For ten years, Mary’s Touch Radio Show has featured countless stories of Catholic Marian devotion, and that foundation has paved the way for a new generation to be introduced to the teaching, devotion and reality of Mary’s presence in today’s world,” said Susana Garza, executive director of Mary’s Touch. “We are so grateful to our founder Cheri Lomonte for the apostolate she has built over the past decade and we are excited about the start of our second decade with Alexis leading our radio evangelization.”-Susana Garza, Executive Director
- Sister Nancy Usselman, FSP, grew up in St Louis, the third of four siblings. She was a passionate soccer player, playing year round. She met the Sisters through her older cousin who always wanted to be a nun since the third grade. Her cousin visited a Pauline Books & Media Center and, while she was gawking at them from behind a bookshelf, one of the sisters invited her to a day of recollection. She answered, “Can I bring all my cousins?” So, young Nancy went along with her four cousins to keep them company, since she was not interested in being a Sister. But after she met the Daughters and saw that they preached Jesus through movies, music, and books, she realized, “That’s the kind of nun I would want to be.” After finishing high school, Sr. Nancy and her cousin entered together. Nancy was 17 years old, and her family didn’t expect her to stay. Surprisingly, her cousin left after three months, got married, and now has 8 children…and Sr. Nancy stayed!
- Manny Montanez is the President and CEO of EG Montanez Construction, Inc., an Irvine, CA based General Contractor. He was raised Catholic.
- He has an amazing story to tell about his career and faith journey and is looking forward to sharing with all of you.
- Manny was honored as Legatus’ Officer of the Year in 2011 for his service to the Orange Coast Chapter and his passion for the Legatus mission. Manny’s leadership skills were evident in his service in the U.S. Army in the Vietnam War for which he was awarded the Bronze Star for Valor and the Purple Heart for wounds received in combat as a member of the 25th Infantry Division’s 3rd Squadron, 4th Armored Cavalry Regiment in South Vietnam. He now serves as Regional Director of the West Region for Legatus.
- Fr. Tom serves at Paulist Productions in Los Angeles.
- He is the creator of a new film documentary on the life of Servant of God Isaac Hecker, founder of the Paulist Fathers.
- He discusses the re release of their classic l989 film “Romero“, about the final years of Archbishop Oscar Romero who was murdered while saying Mass in San Salvador in l980.
- And The Dating Project movie which is another amazing documentary about dating in today’s culture.
- Pope Francis has cleared the way for the canonizations of Blesseds Paul VI and Oscar Romero on October 14th.
- Cheri talks to us about Divine Impressions and the importance of having a Marian image in every Catholic home, a domestic church.
- Download the Marian image – www.divineimpressions.com/downloadpage/
- Jaymie is a Catholic convert and lay evangelist reaching out in word and song through Loaves & Fishes Ministry. This is her second visit and time she talks to us about the sex scandal in our Church, her perspective and how healing needs to take place.
- Drawing from the riches of Scripture and Tradition, her purpose is to echo God’s call to holiness and help you answer it in authentic discipleship.
- She’s a wife, and mother of eight. Inspired by the spirituality of St. Francis de Sales, she is an author, speaker, and musician, and serves as a senior editor at Ave Maria Press.