Alexis is the new host of the Mary’s Touch Radio Program. She will lead the new evangelization of the award-winning, inspirational radio program designed to bring a greater understanding of Mary, to remind everyone of the Blessed Mothers loving presence in the lives of humanity, and to help people everywhere recognize the healing grace she still brings to this world.
“For ten years, Mary’s Touch Radio Show has featured countless stories of Catholic Marian devotion, and that foundation has paved the way for a new generation to be introduced to the teaching, devotion and reality of Mary’s presence in today’s world,” said Susana Garza, executive director of Mary’s Touch. “We are so grateful to our founder Cheri Lomonte for the apostolate she has built over the past decade and we are excited about the start of our second decade with Alexis leading our radio evangelization.”-Susana Garza, Executive Director
- Rosario Rodriguez shares her powerful story of miraculously surviving two violent crimes and her journey of discovering healing and peace in forgiving her assailants, finding worth in her brokenness, and joy in suffering.
- She grew up in Michigan. Starting in her high school years, she has spent most of her life working in many capacities with different Catholic ministries from inner-city youth, campus ministry, pro-life, CCD/RCIA, and the poor and the homeless in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
- When she first moved to Los Angeles she worked in Hollywood at Act One, an organization training Christian writers and producers to work in the mainstream entertainment industry.
- Now, she travels everywhere, sharing her amazing story with thousands of people including gang members with the LAPD for Operation Cease Fire and a victim awareness program at a high maximum security prison.
- Rosario resides in Los Angeles with her husband and is passionate about her faith, family, football, and Latin dancing. Her love language is chocolate. And She enjoys watching Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. She is still a dedicated Detroit Lions fan who believes that despite all of their challenges they will someday rise up and win the Superbowl!
During this week on the Mary’s Touch Radio Show lets do some “Throw Back Stories” and share the “Christmas Special Edition”. During this wonderful time of the year, the Christmas Season, we are featuring four beautiful stories.
* Paula reminds us it is not always easy to see answers to prayers even if they appear at our window.
* Jean and her family enjoyed Christmas in Italy until they are at the airport and cannot all get back home. Then a miracle happens!
* Stacy’s daughter passed away several years before. It is now Christmas Eve and God gives her an answer to her prayers.
* Janet almost missed Christmas until Mary asked her if she would like to see the baby.
- Sister Nancy Usselman, FSP, grew up in St Louis, the third of four siblings. She was a passionate soccer player, playing year round. She met the Sisters through her older cousin who always wanted to be a nun since the third grade. Her cousin visited a Pauline Books & Media Center and, while she was gawking at them from behind a bookshelf, one of the sisters invited her to a day of recollection. She answered, “Can I bring all my cousins?” So, young Nancy went along with her four cousins to keep them company, since she was not interested in being a Sister. But after she met the Daughters and saw that they preached Jesus through movies, music, and books, she realized, “That’s the kind of nun I would want to be.” After finishing high school, Sr. Nancy and her cousin entered together. Nancy was 17 years old, and her family didn’t expect her to stay. Surprisingly, her cousin left after three months, got married, and now has 8 children…and Sr. Nancy stayed!
- Manny Montanez is the President and CEO of EG Montanez Construction, Inc., an Irvine, CA based General Contractor. He was raised Catholic.
- He has an amazing story to tell about his career and faith journey and is looking forward to sharing with all of you.
- Manny was honored as Legatus’ Officer of the Year in 2011 for his service to the Orange Coast Chapter and his passion for the Legatus mission. Manny’s leadership skills were evident in his service in the U.S. Army in the Vietnam War for which he was awarded the Bronze Star for Valor and the Purple Heart for wounds received in combat as a member of the 25th Infantry Division’s 3rd Squadron, 4th Armored Cavalry Regiment in South Vietnam. He now serves as Regional Director of the West Region for Legatus.
- Fr. Tom serves at Paulist Productions in Los Angeles.
- He is the creator of a new film documentary on the life of Servant of God Isaac Hecker, founder of the Paulist Fathers.
- He discusses the re release of their classic l989 film “Romero“, about the final years of Archbishop Oscar Romero who was murdered while saying Mass in San Salvador in l980.
- And The Dating Project movie which is another amazing documentary about dating in today’s culture.
- Pope Francis has cleared the way for the canonizations of Blesseds Paul VI and Oscar Romero on October 14th.